Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Ongaku

Currently in my itunes library are 11760 songs, along with 698 music-oriented podcasts. I have completed my grade 8 piano, with honours on the exam. Anyone who knows me well will have discovered I listen to a extremely wide variety of music. They likely will also have noticed that I am pretty much constantly either listening to music or have some form of it stuck in my head. Instead of fabricating my own words, you will often hear me quoting various songs directly in conversations. I guess it can be said I'm a music-lover, or something.

I am so thankful that I have music, all the forms in which it is available here and the lack of censorship in it. I strongly believe in the freedom of the individual, and part of that is the ability to express themselves. Some are unable to properly do so through other means and thus use music. Others use it as an outlet. And still others just enjoy its presence. Of course there are those who really are indifferent and don't actually enjoy music. I have never really understood these people, but to each their own.
This one is getting a little bit everywhere, right now I have both too few and too many thoughts going through my mind and so nothing is processing properly. So of course my antidote to that is to tune out the world and listen to some good songs until the thoughts process themselves. I was reading in my psych textbook last night that we actually make "better" decisions through automatic processing ("unconscious" thought) than councious thought. Likely because when we are actively thinking about a decision we are unable to take all of the information into account. So I'm going to test this theory and just not make any decisions for a while. Sounds logical, right?
Well, I guess I will leave off here. Always remember that music is good, censorship isn't always, and to not think about important decisions.
"This is on the rise music, this is novelty music.
This is who can blame music, I don't get fooled by it.
This is where'd you go music, this is come home music.
This is down to the wire, I'm such a perfect angel music.
Who really tries?"

~ Song Away by Hockey

No comments:

Post a Comment