The 6 things listed in my title are my thankful things for the 6 days since the last post. But I'm going to not really talk about them now.
You know those moments when you have no idea what you're supposed to do? There are multiple things you need to get done, but you just can't seem to prioratize them properly. Or there are two sick shows the same night, you want to see both but you just can't be in 2 places at once (I know, hard to imagine when you live in Western Canada). Or even just trying to balance your time with all of the stuff we tend to take on in our society along with time to be alone and just chill or be in prayer or just listen, all that stuff.
I guess I feel like that is my whole life right now, I'm having trouble just sitting down for a while, even though I definitely seem to have enough time to do so. Focus isn't coming easily so every little task spreads out WAY longer than it should. Most people who know me well aren't going to think this is any different than usual, and really it isn't. At all. I'm just starting to really notice it, whereas before that was just how it is and I didn't mind. Now it's all like.. It's like this, I don't want it to be like this.. Let's change it.. *thinks about it for a couple minutes, then gets distracted by something*..
I guess the big thing is that I'm really noticing this being detrimental to my interactions with people, I have trouble focussing on the conversation, or spreading out the time I have among various people. Even writing this, I started almost an hour ago, but got really distracted for a while and starte doing other stuff, then returned to it and repeated that process multiple times. So either this is going to be really disconnected or I'm pretty much a genius. I think I'm done now because all my thought on this topic is ither gone or already typed up.
"Rushing and racing and running in circles,
Moving so fast I'm forgetting my purpose.
Blur of the traffic is sending me spinning,
Getting nowhere"
~ Slow Me Down by Emmy Rossum
No comments:
Post a Comment